Recipe by @kateirving
This Crunchie Tart is sweet, mouthwatering, and looks like it belongs to the front cover of a magazine. Impress everyone at the dinner table with this amazing recipe and indulge yourself in this sweet treat!
- 1 tbsp of Lane’s chocolate caramel sea salt seasoning
- 250g of chocolate ripple biscuits
- 100g of melted unsalted butter
- baked filling
- 80g cup water
- 115g cup butter
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 170g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 60g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps of Lane’s chocolate caramel sea salt seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- ganache layer
- 180g thickened cream
- 180g dark chocolate
- caramel sauce
- 115g of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of thickened cream
- Combine 1 tbsp of Lane’s chocolate caramel sea salt seasoning, 250g of chocolate ripple biscuits and 100g of melted unsalted butter in the processor and blend until it’s a fine crumb and mixed well.
- Press into a tin and refrigerate until filling is ready.
- Fire up the BBQ to 162c. Make the filling: in a medium saucepan, heat the pan over high heat.
- Combine the water and butter, and bring to a boil.
- Add the instant coffee and Lane’s chocolate caramel sea salt seasoning, then stir until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate, sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and pour the hot butter mixture over. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the eggs and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate is mostly set but the center jiggles slightly.
- Chill then place in the fridge until completely chilled.
- Place 180g of finely chopped dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat 180g of thickened cream until it just starts to boil.
Pour of the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes untouched.
- Whisk until smooth then pour over the cooked tart.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Mix together 115g of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of thickened cream in a pan and mix together.
- Place on medium heat and whisk constantly until it comes to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes then remove from heat to allow to cool.
- Honey comb
- Prepare a pan lined with baking paper for you to pour you honeycomb into and have all your ingredients and whisk ready.
- In a heavy based saucepan, mix together 100g of sugar and 4 tbsp of honey and simmer on medium heat until it reaches a nice rich maple syrup colour.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 ½ tsp of baking soda.
- As soon as the baking soda is dissolved pour into you lined pan and set aside for it to cool and harden. Smash with a hammer to serve.