Recipe by @thegrillingwog
We absolutely love bacon. I mean, who doesn’t right? This honey BBQ meatball wrapped in bacon will surely leave you drooling and wanting for more! Make sure to try this one out – we highly recommend it!
- 500g of 80/20 beef mince or pork and veal mix
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- 1 small brown onion finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
- squeeze of lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine mince, diced onion and spices, mix well.
- Form a golf ball size meat balls (around 2tbsp of mixture)
- Wrap each meat ball in a strip of bacon, depending on strip sizes some may do two meatballs.
- Place a toothpick through where the bacon overlaps through to the otherside.
- Place in the fridge on an oven/cooling rack for an hour for them to firm back up.
- Start up grill following normal procedures and set to HIGH.
- Place rack with prepared meatballs into the grill and cook for around 30 minutes or until they reach an internal temp of 60°C.
- While they are cooking, combine 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 2 tbsp of honey in a saucepan, bring to a simmer and let it reduce and thicken.
- Once meatballs are done, glaze each meatball with sauce and let them cook for another 10 minutes for the sauce to set.
Enjoy as a snack while watching the footy!