These sausage rolls are a simple way to use up any offcut beef or if you are just after a quick snack that the family will enjoy. The beauty of the Z Grill pellet smoker is that you can cook so much more than just your BBQ classics.
- 500g beef rib plate offcuts or minced beef
- 200g diced bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Lane’s Pitmaster Elite Rub 5 of 6
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 tbsp poppy/sesame seeds (optional)
- Fire up your Z Grill pellet smoker and preheat to 176°C
- Ground-up your beef rib plate with a meat grinder. If you choose to use minced beef, you can skip this step entirely
- Mix bacon, ground beef, cheddar cheese, and Lane’s Seasoning together in a large mixing bowl
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and wrap them up with the puff pastry sheets
- Cut sausage roll into preferred size
- You can sprinkle some poppy/sesame seeds or cheese on your sausage rolls.
- Bake them in your Z Grill for about 35 minutes at 176°C
- Serve and enjoy