Recipe by: Craig C.
Today’s recipe is an all-time favorite – beef short ribs! This comfort food is cooked so well that it reaches the point wherein the meat can easily be separated from the bone (or what we like to call the fall-off-the-bone juiciness) Enjoy!
- Beef short ribs (1 per person)
- Mild english mustard rub
- Butchers Axe big bark rub
- Lanes BBQ ancho espresso
- 1 tbsp of butter per rib
- 1 tbsp brown sugar per rib
- Heavy-duty foil
- Fire up the smoker on smoke setting.
- Trim fat from the top of the ribs and remove the membrane from the underside.
- Rub ribs in a light coating of mustard.
- Cover in equal parts of both rubs liberally so all meaty parts are covered.
- Put ribs in smoker, close lid and leave for 1 hr.
- Without opening lid increase the temperature of the smoker to 107º for 4 hrs or until you are happy with the way the bark has set.
- Tear off enough foil to wrap your ribs.
- Add butter, brown sugar, a drizzle of honey and ribs with the meaty side facing down.
- Increase the temperature of smoker to 121º and return wrapped ribs to the smoker and cook for another 2 hrs or until a probe is inserted with no resistance.
- Wrap ribs in a towel and place in an esky to rest for a minimum of 1hr.
Enjoy with your favorite sides!