Recipe by: @kateirving
Pause your diet and indulge in this dreamy, creamy, and chocolatey coconut tart for dessert! This recipe is one you can surely do even if it is not Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 300 gm dark eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp of Lane’s chocolate sea-salt caramel seasoning
- Fire up Z-Grill to 148⁰C.
- Line a 20cm non-stick, smooth-based springform pan with base clipped in upside down.
- Combine the coconut, eggwhite and caster sugar.
- Press the mixture evenly over base and 4cm up side of prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until golden.
- Let it cool.
- Heat the cream until almost boiling and pour over the chocolate, stir until smooth, cool slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and Lane’s chocolate sea-salt caramel seasoning into chocolate, strain.
- Pour chocolate mixture into coconut shell.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Serve with toasted coconut and cut into thin wedges to serve.