Recipe by @the_meat_eater
These spicy beef jerky make the perfect snack to smoke on your pellet smoker. Everyone who’s tried this has loved it!
- 1.5 kgs topside beef sliced half a cm thick
For the Marinate
- 2 cups little Brixton rum and BBQ sauce of choice
- 2.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup light soy
- 1/4 cup dark soy
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup large garlic granules
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup franks red hot extra hot sauce
- 1 tbsp of chili powder and chili flakes
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add sliced beef mix thoroughly.
- Keep in a vacuum-sealed bag or airtight container for 48 hours.
- Fire up Z Grill on smoke mode leaving the lid open for the first 20minutes to prevent getting too hot (should sit on 70c all day long).
- Add beef jerky to grills in one layer making sure to not overlap.
- You can use grill mats to cook for 6-8 hours depending on how dehydrated you want it!