Recipe by @the_meat_eater
This smoked spicy beef jerky is the perfect snack and everyone is loving it! Create yours too and impress your friends with your very own jerky using this easy to follow recipe!
- 1.5 kgs topside beef sliced half a cm thick
For the Marinate
- 2 cups little Brixton rum and BBQ sauce of choice
- 2.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup light soy
- 1/4 cup dark soy
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup large garlic granules
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup franks red hot extra hot sauce
- 1 tbsp of chili powder and chili flakes
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add sliced beef mix thoroughly.
- Keep in a vacuum-sealed bag or airtight container for 48 hours.
- Fire up Z Grill on smoke mode leaving the lid open for the first 20minutes to prevent getting too hot (should sit on 70c all day long).
- Add beef jerky to grills in one layer making sure to not overlap.
- You can use grill mats to cook for 6-8 hours depending on how dehydrated you want it!