This was my first attempt at making a cheesecake and it turned out pretty nice, once I let it cool down long enough that is!
- 1 pack Granita crushed biscuits (250g)
- 70g melted butter
- 20g sugar (help to bind the base together)
CREAM Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 500g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar (not too sweet)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
make the base
- Crush or use blender to crumb biscuits and combine with melted butter and sugar.
- Press biscuit mix into greased tray. Use round bottomed glass or measuring spoon to compress the base firmly.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with foil (to prevent water getting in or butter leaking out)
- Bake in the Z Grills at 190ºC for about 15 minutes or until crust begins to brown slightly.
- PREPARE THE FILLING WHILE THE BASE BAKES
- After removing the base, increase the Z Grills temperature to High (232ºC)
MIX & BAKE
- Slowly add ingredients to the cream cheese as you mix
- Pour the mix straight into the base and return to the pre-heated (High) Z Grill.
- Bake on High (230ºC) for 10-15min (until puffed and slightly brown surface), then drop the temperature setting to 107ºC
- Cook for 60+ min then complete the wobble test (the sides seem fairly firm and only the centre wobbles a bit)
- Remove from Z Grill and allow to cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 6 hours (lightly covered).
- Remember to turn the Z Grill to Smoke setting for 10 minutes then Shut Down Cycle.