Eating healthy has never been so delicious! Now, you can enjoy your favorite burger in a healthy and refreshing way. Introducing the vegetarian burger – a combination of coriander and chickpea pattie partnered with a pumpkin bun!
- 220 gm pumpkin puree, cooled
- 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 160 ml water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp favorite BBQ seasoning or 1 tsp of salt
- 450 gm plain flour
- Add the water, yeast and maple syrup to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Leave for about 5 minutes while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the yeast mixture and stir to fully incorporate.
- Add the flour and salt/seasoning and stir until the mixture comes together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Alternatively, mix for 5 minutes in a stand mixer.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl and let rise for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once doubled, punch the excess air out of the dough and divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each one into a ball and pinch the bottom together. Take a long piece of string and find the halfway point.
- Place the halfway point on top of the ball and flip the whole thing over.
- Pull the two pieces of string together and cross them over to create a cross on the bottom of the ball.
- Flip it over again and do the same thing until the ball is divided into 8 equal pieces.
- Tie the string at the top and cut off any excess.
- Cover the 8 rolls with cling film and let rise again for 30 minutes. The dough will puff out around the string and make pumpkin shapes.
- Fire up the Z-Grill to 176°C and bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack before removing the string.
- To remove the string, cut it and pull through the bread roll where baked over to prevent tearing.