Recipe by @thegrillingwog
|For anyone who says you can’t get crackling in a pellet grill, show them this mouthwatering Roast Pork with Amazing Crackling! Enjoy the crispiness, juiciness, and tenderness of this delicious recipe!|
- 1 roast pork of your choice (preferably loin)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- Remove pork from packaging and pat skin dry, place it in the fridge on an oven/cooling rack for at least 24 hours to allow the skin to dry out.
- Fire up your grill and set the temp to high and preheat for at least 10 minutes.
- While that’s happening, boil a kettle full of water and pour over the skin of the pork so the score marks open up, pat dry again.
- Brush over vinegar on the skin and give it a nice coating in salt, place it in the Z-Grill and allow to cook for at least 45 minutes on high to give the skin time to start its browning process.
- Then drop back it back to 165°C and let the pork cook until its 70°C internal.
- As a side note, use a cooling rack to get the bottom of the roast off the grill grate will save you from burning the bottom.