The next time you are craving falafels, put away your deep fryer, roll out your Z Grill and give this recipe a shot.
To most Aussies, meat and BBQ-ing come hand-in-hand. The beauty of the Z Grill wood pellet smoker is that it is so much more versatile than your ordinary gas BBQ. Cook a range of foods such as desserts and even this smoked falafel.
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of Lane’s Sweet and Sour Seasoning
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons plain flour
- cooking spray
- Fire up your Z Grill pellet smoker and preheat to 176°C
- Blitz together onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and Lane’s Seasoning. Add chickpeas and blitz until you get the consistency you desire.
- Mix through baking soda and flour. Scoop balls of the mixture, forming patties and place on oil sprayed baking paper.
- Bake in Z Grill at 176 °C for 25 minutes making sure to flip halfway.
- Serve smoked falafels warm.