Recipe by @BonfzBBQBitez
The base of this sauce is from a Lamb Shanks recipe and it is absolutely amazing! This BBQ sauce is actually made from an excess tomato-based sauce. If you need a sauce to throw over the top of some pork ribs, this one would be the perfect mix!
- Leftover sauce (strained through a fine sieve) from my Lamb Shanks & Duck Fat Potatoes recipe. But alternatively, if you don’t have this then 600g Passsata will be perfect for the base!
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Optional extra cayenne pepper
- Fire up Z-Grill to 135ºC / 275ºF
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and let simmer for 1 hour or until the sauce gets thick.
- Place sauce in a sterile container/jar and refrigerate.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
Important Note: If you have used a lamb shank recipe then you should not keep the sauce for longer than 4 days.