A simple way on how to make your own Sourdough Focaccia with just a few ingredients and your Z Grill pellet smoker. You can enjoy it when having a coffee break or pair it with your favourite pasta.
- 390 gm water
- 100 gm sourdough starter
- 8 gm salt
- 14 gm olive oil
- 550 gm flour
- Mix the water and starter.
- Add the olive oil and salt.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Move to oiled bowl/container.
- 4-hour fermentation with 4 x 30 min folds and 2 hr rest.
- Fridge for 8 hrs.
- Then, take it out and bring up to temp for 2 hrs.
- Line tray with oiled parchment, carefully turn in the dough, don’t handle roughly, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cover the dough in olive oil and put in dimples pushing fingers all the way to the bottom.
- Put on the choice of toppings (lightly prodding some into the surface) and sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake at 232ºC for about 30minutes (but check for colour).
- If your dough has proved overnight and is big but you’re not ready to bake, give it a single stretch and fold then leave it for a few hours covered to allow it to grow a bit again.