Recipe by @chloesque
A spaghetti overload that makes it creatively special by turning your ordinary meatballs into “mice” balls. It is absolutely perfect for a Halloween party!
- 1 small brown onion
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 250 gm beef mince
- 250 gm pork mince
- 1 small carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Lane’s Magic Dust
- 1 tbs Lane’s Pineapple Chipotle
- 12 half-cooked lengths of spaghetti
- 24 almonds
- 800 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 1 tbs Lane’s garlic
- 1/4 cup Lane’s Kinda Sweet
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbs fresh oregano
- Grate the onion into a large bowl and add panko, mix briefly to coat in the onion juices.
- Grate carrot into the bowl. Add remaining Rissoles ingredients. Mix well. Scoop up about 1/4 cup of mixture, form a small teardrop shape. Indent the larger and insert some of the spaghetti leaving a tail.
- Add two almonds to the narrow end to represent the ears. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with a remaining mixture – you should make 10 – 12.
- Preheat your BBQ to 190c whilst you prepare your sauce.
- In a saucepan heat, 1 tbs of olive oil and cook diced onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add 800g of canned diced tomatoes, 250ml chicken stock, 1tbs fresh oregano, Lane’s Kinda Sweet, and 1 tbs Lane’s Garlic2. Leave to simmer and reduce whilst your mice cook.
- BBQ your mice for 20 minutes. Transfer your reduced tomato sauce to a baking tray.
- Add your mice to the tray of your reduced sauce and simmer in Z Grill for 15 minutes whilst you cook your pasta.
- Serve your mice on a bed of pasta with some grated parmesan cheese.