Recipe by Andrew. P from AmazingRib.com
This recipe is a variation of another recipe that was inspired by Coopers bar and grill in America. This Mop Sauce serves as a dip and it is perfect with a piece of brisket. This sauce is quite spicy so all chili lovers out there will love this one!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (1 tsp minced)
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 1 beer (any kind) water or beef stock if you can’t have a beer
- 1/4 cup of ketchup/tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp of Tabasco/hot sauce
- 2 cups beef, veal, or chicken stock
- Mix paprika, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan melt the butter (or rendered brisket fat) and gently cook the onion over medium heat till translucent.
- Add the garlic, capsicum and the spice mix (very aromatic, make sure there is plenty of ventilation, it will take your breath away) stir and cook for 2 mins to extract flavors.
- Add stock and the rest of the ingredients. Drink the remaining beer. Stir until well blended and simmer for 15 mins uncovered. Taste and adjust as needed.
- If you really want to be adventurous you could use it as a mop the meat whilst cooking or save it and serve it hot for dipping your brisket pieces into ( or pour over your brisket/meat).
- I pre-prepared mine, let it cool, put it in a jar, and reheated in a pot when ready to serve. Spicey but finitely a hit. Can adjust any of the ingredients above to suit your needs.