Recipe by @alexlennon89
Whether as an appetizer or for dessert, who doesn’t love a good Apple Pie? This recipe will surely stand out on the dinner table and be the new family favorite! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 125 gms of butter melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 400 gm tin of pie apples
- sugar & cinnamon for dusting
- Fire up the smoker to 176ºC.
- Combine the Self-raising flour, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and combine well until a golden dough texture is formed.
- Spread half the mixture in a pie dish and press the bottoms and up the sides of the dish.
- Pour pie apple tin into the pie and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the top of the apple evenly and place in the Z Grill smoker.
- Leave in the smoker for 45 mins or until the golden crust forms on the top.
- Dust with cinnamon and a little sugar if desired.
- Serve warm with custard, ice cream, or both.