Recipe by @ash_challman
Hola! Enjoy this Beef Cheek Tacos and indulge in its meaty and beefy goodness! After you’ve tasted one, I’m sure you’ll be wanting more!
- 4 beef cheeks
- your favourite beef rub
- 1 bottle of Bundaberg ginger beer
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pack of small tomatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red onion
- half tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- dash of lime and lemon juice
- sprinkle of white sugar
- Trim cheeks by removing thick fat and silver skin.
- Season cheeks with the rub.
- Set your smoker/bbq to 135-160c (whichever wood you would prefer).
- Place the cheeks in your bbq/smoker.
- Smoke until happy with bark/colour.
- Place the cheeks in a tray with approx 10mm ginger beer and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cook cheeks for another hour/ hour and a half then flip.
- Wrap tray in foil.
- Cook until they fall apart and are like jelly.
- Finely dice tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Coarsly chop corriander and add to bowl.
- Combine spices and lime juice and add to bowl and stir.
- Rest cheeks for a half-hour before pulling apart.
- Warm tortillas, place beef cheek on tortillas, top with salsa and some cheek sauce.