Recipe by @BonfzBBQBitez
This Black Bean Chili recipe is very easy to do and is perfect if you are having a busy night! Indulge in this food that is delicious, comforting, and it is the perfect companion for a “chilly” night.
Black Bean Chilli
- 2 cans black beans (drained)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown rice (pre-boiled)
- 1 diced celery stick
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 diced brown onion
- 1 diced red pepper
- 6 cloves diced garlic
- 3 cm diced ginger
- 2 birds eye chilis
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 6 chopped coriander stalks (leaves can be used for presentation)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Optional: cayenne pepper or chilli powder for spicier taste
Lettuce Cup Condiments
- iceberg lettuce
- pickled cabbage
- red onion
- greek yogurt
- fresh lemon Juice
- fresh avocado
- Fire up Z-Grill to 135C / 275F
- Boil your rice (strain and set aside once cooked)
- On a stove top toast the Paprika & Cumin then set aside.
- Pre heat oil in a pan (please note this pan will eventually be placed in the Z-Grill, so no plastic handles!) and then add onion, ginger, chili, coriander stalks, carrots, celery, capsicum and lightly fry until they soften.
- Once softened add the garlic, paprika & cumin
- Add your black beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add your tinned tomatoes and then place the pan onto the Z-Grills.
- Allow to simmer on the Z-Grills for an hour (while this is happening you may choose to pickle your cabbage)
- Add your pre-boiled rice. Mix thoroughly and you’re ready to serve.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with a range of condiments.