Everyone loves a plate of some good ol’ Buffalo Wings. This recipe is the perfect combination of crispy, tender, spicy, and juicy! You can eat the wings as it is or dip it in some cheesy sauce or ranch. This would be the perfect finger food for your next celebration!
- 40 grams salt
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 30 grams smoked paprika
- 15 grams garlic powder
- 10 grams onion powder
- 15 grams black pepper
- 15 grams turmeric
- 15 grams cinnamon
- 1 bottle of hot sauce (148ml, I use Franks)
Butter (to taste)
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- The large type chicken wings.
- Place all ingredients in a jar/bag/something sealable and Shake shake shake to combine.
- This you make to your own taste. I cut off a chunk of butter, melt it in the microwave, mix in the hot sauce and some apple cider vinegar.
- Adjust to taste. Too hot? But in more butter, not hot enough, more hot sauce. Want it more acidic, more vinegar.
- Fire up the Z Grill on Smoke.
- Liberally coat each wing in the rub.
- Once the smoker is ready, add the wings and leave it on smoke for 1hr.
- After 1 hr, raise the temperature to 148c and leave them for 1hr (that is including the time it takes to heat up from smoke)
- Place the wings in the foil tray, and coat in the hot sauce, trying to get good coverage.
- Place the wings back in the Z-Grills for 20 minutes to “set” the sauce. Put your done wings into a bowl, drizzle the sauce over the top again and enjoy.