Recipe by: Claire Widdicombe
Whoever thought that a sweet dessert such as a Cheesecake can be made using a smoker? You will surely surprise everyone at the dinner table with this Smoked Caramel Cheesecake! Enjoy!
- 1 packet of butternut biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tub sour cream
- 1 tin of top n fill caramel
- 1 tub thickened cream
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- caramel powder
- Crush biscuits and combine with sugar and melted butter.
- Prepare the springform cake tin by wrapping it outside in multiple layers of foil to stop water from getting into your tin. Line inside of tin with baking paper.
- Press biscuit mix into springform cake tin.
- Place into smoker at a medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- While base is cooking, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream and caramel until well combined.
- Remove base from smoker
- Place cake tin into a larger tray and fill the surrounding area with water up to about half the height of the tin.
- Set smoker to high temp, return the cake to the smoker and cook for 10-15 mins.
- Drop smoker temp to 107 and cook until sides look set but the middle has a slight wobble. This usually takes about an hour.
- Switch off smoker, leaving cake inside to slowly cool. Alternatively, place cake in your oven but don’t turn it on.
- Once cake has cooled, remove tin from the water tray, cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator over night.
- 2hrs before serving – Divide the cream between 2 bowls, add rum to one bowl and vanilla to the other. Whip until thickened and adequately whippy. Put aside in the fridge to allow the flavors to develop.
- 10 minutes before serving- Slice bananas and pan fry until caramelized.
- Place alternating dollops of rum cream and vanilla cream onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Scatter pieces of the caramelized bananas on top of the cream.
- Dust top of the cake with powdered caramel and serve.