Recipe by Shaun Still
Cheese and chicken – two of our favorites in one creamy and juicy recipe! Enjoy the taste of the melted cheese combined with the juicy and tender BBQ chicken breasts. I only need one word to describe this recipe – perfection!
- 4 chicken breasts
- Bang Bang chilli Co – Mad Mexican rub *** You can use any rub of your choice, best to use something with a touch of heat)
- BBQ sauce
- grated cheese (50/50 Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- spring onions
- diced bacon
- diced onions
- Trim the breasts and apply rub.
- Set Z-Grill to 165°C.
- In a pan on the stove, fry up the diced onions and bacon.
- Once smoker has heated up, place chicken in the smoker.
- Sit back and play video games with your mates until chicken reaches 60°C.
- Paint on the barbecue sauce.
- Allow sauce to set for 5-10 minutes, then top with the diced onion/bacon mix, and cheese mix.
- Continue to cook until 74°C internal.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Remove from smoker and serve your cheesy chicken.