Recipe by @bundydanger
|This recipe is ridiculously convenient for people who love the last-minute meal. You can buy the meat from a supermarket at 11 am and have it on the Z Grill in half an hour. Then after half an hour, you’ll be eating a beautifully pulled lamb for dinner.|
- 1-1.5 kg boneless lamb shoulder roast
- Jackalope Trading Co. “The Rub” (or your preferred lamb rub)
- Blue’s Hog “Tennessee Red” Sauce (or your preferred vinegar-based sauce)
- Impulse buy a Boneless Lamb Shoulder Roast from your local butcher or supermarket.
- Leave the roast tied up and rub with Jackalope Trading Co. “The Rub” or alternative.
- Fire up the Z-Grill then set to 121°C (250°F).
- Place the roast in the grill while it’s getting up to temp.
- (Optional) Once the bark is set to your liking, spritz as required with 50/50 water/apple cider vinegar.
- Once the roast probes smoothly (expect 4-4.5 hours) which should be an internal temperature of somewhere between 93-97°C (200-207°F) remove from the grill, wrap with foil and a towel then rest in an esky for at least an hour. Note: Temperatures and probe-ability may vary throughout due to the nature of a tied up roast.
- Shut down the grill, give it a clean and get to make whatever you need for some awesome tacos, burgers etc.
- Once rested: open the foil, save the juices, cut the string then shred/pull that beautiful lamb. Add the pan juices back to the meat with at least 2 tbsp of Tennessee Red or alternative (more to your liking) and mix it all together.