Kate Irving – Townsville QLD
- butter (for greasing)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices pineapple (plus 3 tablespoons of juice)
- 3 strawberries (or cherries)
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 grams soft butter
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Lanes Apple pie spice
- Preheat the Z Grill 176°C.
- Butter a tin
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the buttered base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern as in the picture.
- Fill each pineapple ring with a slice of strawberry.
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth.
- Pour in the 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little.
- Pour this mixture carefully over the pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it out gently. Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and, with one move, turn it upside-down.
- Sprinkle with a little more apple pie spice.